pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Newbie Apache Pivot Evaluation
Date Sun, 16 May 2010 19:49:58 GMT
> Such kind of alert the red one,
> how is it created? Is it because, i suppose you are using MAC, or the same L&f be
achieved in Windows
> as well.

In general, Pivot apps look the same regardless of what platform they are run on. The primary
exception to this is text, which is rendered based on platform-specific anti-aliasing settings.
So the flag will pretty much look the same on Windows as it does on the Mac.

> Greg, i was just looking forward to know one more thing, the properties like we set for
the GUI display in
> all in WKTX files, is there any guide available or i should look at the java documentation
regarding all these
> properties.

The WTKX properties map directly to Java bean properties, so you can actually use Javadoc
as a reference for WTKX. I suggest that you read through the WTKX Primer to get a better understanding
of how WTKX and Java are related:

http://pivot.apache.org/tutorials/wtkx-primer.html

> I am being assigned to develop a sample 'POC' using Pivot. In this the company wants
to explore the maximum
> capabilities pivot is providing, for example forming a Dashboard sort of concept? Is
it possible through Pivot?

Hard to say without a better understanding of the requirements, but it certainly sounds like
something you could accomplish with Pivot.

Since it sounds like you are just starting development, I would recommend that you use Pivot
1.5 (vs. 1.4, the current release). Version 1.5 has not been officially released yet, but
it should be fairly soon and contains a number of improvements over 1.4. It is very easy to
build from the trunk in SVN - let me know if you have any questions about this.

Greg