pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: How to select a directory/file using FileBrowserSheet
Date Fri, 14 May 2010 18:16:53 GMT
Ah, OK. Sounds like you would want the OPEN and OPEN_MULTIPLE modes to allow folder selection
as well as file selection. This isn't currently supported, but seems like a reasonable request.
Can you add a JIRA ticket for this and assign it to 1.5.1?
Thanks,
Greg

On Friday, May 14, 2010, at 01:44PM, "David Gao" <davidgjm@gmail.com> wrote:
>Hi Creg,
>
>The use case is like this. I am writing a tool which can do some
>conversion tasks for files. If user selects a file via FileBrowserSheet,
>the tool will just deal with the selected file. However, if the user
>selects a folder, the tool will scan and convert all files or filtered
>files under this folder recursively. This will make the tool look smarter.
>
>My several other tools also need such behavior.
>
>Best Regards,
>
>David Gao
>
>Greg Brown 写道:
>> That isn't currently supported. I'd like to understand the use case better, though.
Under what circumstances might the user want to select either a file or a directory?

>> On May 14, 2010, at 10:36 AM, David Gao wrote:
>>

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm writing a file chooser now. I found that I can only select a file when the
mode is SAVE_AS and a directory when the mode is SAVE_TO.

>>> I would like a mode in which I can select either a file or a directory. I find
no way to realize this. Please help.