pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Pivot Capabilties
Date Sun, 30 May 2010 19:26:30 GMT
I don't see anything in that mockup that you couldn't do with Pivot. The graph visualizer would
obviously require some custom work, but I'm sure you knew that.  ;-)  You might be able to
do it with Pivot's drawing API (org.apache.pivot.wtk.media.drawing). Alternatively, you could
create a Pivot component that wraps a library such as JGraph. I prototyped such a component
a while back as a proof of concept - I could re-post it if you are interested. Let me know.

On May 30, 2010, at 1:14 PM, buddhika chamith wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am planning to build an application with a UI similar to that of attached image. Mainly
it would consist of component panel from which components can be dragged and dropped on to
a canvas and then connected to each other. Additionally I want to represent the info in a
Tree View on the canvas as a tree,  visually on the canvas, upon user selecting a context
menu command on a Tree View node. Now do you foresee any issues that I might run in to with
Pivot for something like this. Is this kind of thing currently feasible with Pivot?