pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: How to retrieve wtkx:id?
Date Mon, 03 May 2010 22:24:43 GMT
I understand why you might expect it to work that way, especially if you are coming from HTML,
but it doesn't. Consider that Java member variables are also accessible via reflection, but
you still can't get a variable name from a class instance. WTKX isn't a DOM - it's just another
way of instantiating classes.

Hope that helps clarify things.

Greg

On May 3, 2010, at 6:16 PM, Patrick Shea wrote:

> Well, they are declared in xml as id's and used in code in get(...) so they are quite
public.

> I was able to go around this by reflection but it's ugly and they should really be exposed
at the component level I think.

> Patrick

is no way to retrieve a variable name from an object instantiated in Java, there is no way
to retrieve an ID from an object declared in WTKX.