pivot-user mailing list archives

From Jérôme Serré <jerome.michel.se...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Production Application Based On Pivot
Date Thu, 06 May 2010 08:13:57 GMT
Good Job, very pro.

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Scott Lanham [mailto:lists@sael.com.au]
Envoyé : jeudi 6 mai 2010 04:10
À : user@pivot.apache.org
Objet : Production Application Based On Pivot

Hi All,

This is a small summary of the application I have released into the wild.

I work for a company called "Calvino Coffee" in Australia that both owns and
franchises small coffee outlets that mostly reside in high volume service
stations around Australia. I am the sole programmer and have written all the
application software they use to run the stores from the Point Of Sale
system to the middle tier to the back end SQL server.

The Pivot based app I have developed gives the franchisees the ability to
update their store data and see their store performance. It is a "live"
program in that it constantly checks the server for data changes and
automatically refreshes the screen to reflect those changes. It does not
store any data locally.

All data aware components hook into a custom Business Object framework I
developed so that I could easily change data sources. The data sources can
be anything. The client side doesn't need to know any SQL and no SQL crosses
the wire. Standard Pivot components get their data from either a custom List
or Dictionary with both of these talking to the underlying business object
framework. Other than that everything is kept as simple (vanilla) as
possible.

Working with Pivot has been a pleasure. The support has been fantastic.

If anyone has any questions I am more than happy to answer them as long as I
can do so without giving away company data.

Screen shots attached :-)

Cheers,

Scott.