pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: XML Schema for Pivot's WTKX: not.
Date Tue, 04 May 2010 21:38:45 GMT
I had actually started down the path of writing an XSD generator myself a while back. I abandoned
it at the time due to time constraints, but I had started to wonder if DTD might be a better
way to go, since it would avoid the typing issues. Either way, I agree that "real" code completion
support would be a much better alternative.

On May 4, 2010, at 11:40 AM, Dirk Möbius wrote:

> FYI: I tried to write a JavaDoc doclet that outputs a XML schema definition file for
Pivot's components. I came to the conclusion that it's virtually impossible to define a correct
deterministic XML schema for WTKX. I documented my futile attempt here:

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIVOT-385
>
> I now think that time is better spend to develop proper code completion plugins for the
major IDEs (Eclipse, Netbeans, IntelliJ) because of the highly dynamic nature of a WTKX/BTXK
file. I'm starting to write a plugin for IntelliJ, my favorite IDE, but since I am totally
new to IntelliJ plugin development, it will take some time.