pivot-user mailing list archives

From Dirk Möbius <dmoeb...@scoop-gmbh.de>
Subject Re: How to retrieve wtkx:id?
Date Fri, 07 May 2010 07:23:29 GMT
On second thought, I admit Patrick has a point here. I'm not happy
with my own code example because there's too much boilerplate code.
The injected button members are not really needed.

Albeit, simply adding an "id" property to Component (analogous to
Swing's "name" property) is not a good solution either, because the
WTKXSerializer (soon to be named BeanSerializer) is more general and
unaware of Component -- it would be awkward to insert something like:

   if (bean instanceof Component)
     ((Component)bean).setId(...);

Instead I propose a new class annotation:

@Id
public class Component {
   private String id;
   // getter and setter...
}

You can also set the name of the id property:

@Id("name")
public class MyBean {
   private String name;
   // getter and setter...
}

If WTKXSerializer sees the @Id annotation on a bean, it calls its
setter, assuming its type is String. I think that would be general
enough.

@Id could also be named @WtkxId or @BxId.

What do you think?
Pivot 2.0?!?