pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Issues with Jar deployment
Date Thu, 27 May 2010 18:27:16 GMT
Yes, but without the leading slash.

On May 27, 2010, at 2:19 PM, David McNelis wrote:

> Can the same be said for when using readObject, where the / is the abosulte path relative
to the classpath?

> You are correct about the structure of the Jar.

path relative to the classpath. Otherwise, it is interpreted as relative to the including
file.

> What does the directory structure in your JAR look like? Based on your example, I would
expect something like this:

> /com/foo
>   Main.class
>   main.wtkx
>
> /com/foo/foldername
>   file.wtkx
>
> Is that correct?
>

> On May 27, 2010, at 12:53 PM, David McNelis wrote:
>

> The wtkx files are included in the exported jar file.
>
> I think that part of the root problem might have to do with my includes.  In my main
wtkx file I am using the following include… <wtkx:include src="foldername/file.wtkx"></wtkx:include>

> So its getting the main class’s wtkx file at this point, but when it goes to pull in
the next component, which exists in the jar file…  should I be referring to the include
as:
> <wtkx:include src=”org/me/package/whatever/file.wtkx”?  Or is there something
similar to Class#getResource() that can be added in to help it find the correct file?

> If I have the jarfile and the ‘foldername/wtkx’ residing in the same folder, all
works well.  But I don’t want to have to make second copies of all the wtkx files since
they are already in te jar file.

build a JAR? Maybe you need to tell Eclipse to include *.wtkx files in the resulting JAR?

> On May 27, 2010, at 11:16 AM, David McNelis wrote:
>

> Morning,
>
> I have a moderately complex Pivot based app that for the time being is running as a standalone
desktop application.  When I run from within eclipse, everything works just fine.

> However, when I try to export my project I consistently get a null resource saying that
it can’t located the wtkx files.

> I’ve tried changing the file locations to a static full path, i.e. C:/project/filename.wtkx
and placed the files in that path, but it still claims to not be able to find the resources.

> Has anyone else had difficulties building out an application like this?  Are certain
things I need to be doing in my directory structure to make sure that everything  works correctly?

> Currently I have wtkx files living in the same folders as the classes that reference
them directly, i.e.
> Org.me.project.pkg.class.MyClass has both the java and wtkx file in org/me/project/class/
 That seemed, at least at the time, to be the simplest organizational pattern..but I guess
it is flawed?