pivot-user mailing list archives

From "Patrick Shea" <patr...@ps1.net>
Subject Re: Mavenization of pivot?
Date Wed, 05 May 2010 00:10:40 GMT
I rest my case...

Patrick

-----Original Message-----
From: "Greg Brown" <gkbrown@mac.com>
Sent: Tuesday, May 4, 2010 8:04pm
To: user@pivot.apache.org
Subject: Re: Mavenization of pivot?

Threatening to fork does not promote a sense of collaboration.

Again - we like Ant and it suits our needs. Moving to Maven would be a major disruption that
is simply not justified.

On May 4, 2010, at 7:55 PM, Patrick Shea wrote:

> Hmm, That's what I did, offer to collaborate... But was just said thanks but no thanks.
>
> FYI It took me 30 minutes to mavenize the pivot project and was able to produce jar's,
javadocs and sources. But of course everybody hate's maven...

> Patrick

the benefits (not your fault, it's that way)

>> I guess my only choice is to fork the project...
>>
>> Patrick

for our needs and works well, so there's no compelling reason to switch. And don't forget
that Ant is an Apache project too.  :-)

>> On May 4, 2010, at 6:30 PM, Patrick Shea wrote:
>>
>>> Oh boy... I had the same kind of reactions when I tried to introduce ant 10 years
ago...

>>> I don't know of any serious project today not using maven.
>>>
>>> Patrick

It