pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Docking/undocking panels
Date Tue, 27 Apr 2010 19:39:56 GMT
> *   When I define layout using use panels such as BoxPane, TablePane, etc, the layout
is fixed. I am looking for a way to undock a panel within my BoxPane or TablePane and undock
it so that user can move it outside the parent container. Can someone suggest a way to do
it.

Pivot doesn't currently include a panel that supports docking in this way. However, it is
certainly feasible and would be a valuable addition to the platform.

> *   Also,  I have some panel with a bunch of tabs and I would like to drag the parent
container on the left or top of the screen and automatically change tabs layout to go vertical
or horizontal and dock it to the side of the screen that user has selected (similar to how
Eclipse IDE works). Is there an easy way to add that feature.

I can't picture exactly what you are describing, but it seems like you might be able to use
Pivot's drag/drop support for this.