pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Form setLabel
Date Wed, 14 Apr 2010 22:30:52 GMT
I assume you are using Pivot 1.4? The problem is that the Label instances are not direct descendants
of the Form.Section. In Pivot 1.4 and earlier, this throws an exception. In Pivot 1.5+, an
exception is not thrown, but you still won't see the labels attached to your Label elements
- forms only recognize labels attached to section children.

Also, a Border can only have one content element. You'll need to nest a layout container in
the Border instance if you want to display multiple child elements.

On Apr 14, 2010, at 6:07 PM, Shahzad Bhatti wrote:

> I am trying to use Label along with Form such as
>                                                          <BoxPane styles="{horizontalAlignment:'left'}">
>                                                              <Form wtkx:id="form"
styles="{rightAlignLabels:true, fill:true}">
>                                                                  <sections>
>                                                                      <Form.Section>
>                                                                          <Border styles="{backgroundColor:null,
padding:2}">
>                                                                              <content>
>                                                                                <Label
Form.label="name" textKey="name" styles="{font:{size:12, bold:true}}"/>
>                                                                              </content>
>                                                                          </Border>
>                                                                      </Form.Section>
>                                                                      <Form.Section>
>                                                                          <Border styles="{backgroundColor:null,
padding:2}">
>                                                                              <content>

  <Label Form.label="symbol" textKey="symbol" styles="{horizontalAlignment:'right'}"/>

  <Label Form.label="bid" textKey="bid" styles="{horizontalAlignment:'right'}"/>

  <Label Form.label="ask" textKey="ask" styles="{horizontalAlignment:'right'}"/>

  <Label wtkx:id="changeLabel" Form.label="change" textKey="change" styles="{horizontalAlignment:'right'}"/>

  <Label Form.label="isExchangeDelayed" textKey="exchangeDelayed" styles="{horizontalAlignment:'right'}"/>
>                                                                              </content>
>                                                                          </Border>
>                                                                      </Form.Section>
>

> But I am getting following error:
> Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
Method)    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)    ... 19 more Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException
   at org.apache.pivot.wtk.Form.setLabel(Unknown Source)    ... 23 more