pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Help needed testing text rendering
Date Thu, 15 Apr 2010 13:39:35 GMT
OK - can you try viewing this page again, and let me know if the text looks right to you? I
updated LabelSkin, TextAreaSkin, and TerraTextInputSkin to use the rendering approach I used
in the sample applet (I have not updated other text-based components yet - just want to see
if I am on the right track).

http://ixnay.biz/PIVOT-393/kitchen-sink.html

Anyone else who wants to comment, please feel free.

On Apr 15, 2010, at 4:45 AM, Dirk Möbius wrote:

> Hi Greg,
>
> Windows XP SP3 32bit, JRE 1.6.0-u16, dual head LCD 1280x1024 with ClearType on.
>
> Console output says:
> KEY_TEXT_ANTIALIASING: LCD HRGB antialiasing text mode
> KEY_FRACTIONALMETRICS: Default fractional text metrics mode
>
> The text displays nicely with subpixel rendering. It looks exactly the same as if the
Windows system font renderer is rendering a Verdana font.

>> looks on a Mac.  :-)  Note that you may need to resize the browser window - for some
reason, the text looks smudgy when I first load it, but once it is repainted it draws correctly