pivot-user mailing list archives

From Shahzad Bhatti <sbha...@peak6.com>
Subject Re: Adding containers at runtime.
Date Tue, 27 Apr 2010 15:39:56 GMT
Actually, I need to design this table for stock option quotes that are continuously changing,
so every time one or more option strike price changes I get the updated data and as a result
I recreate all rollups and tables. Usually, I get this data every second so it causes recreation
of rollups and tables. I can optimize by caching some data, however structure of the data
can changed. For example, currently for each month, I create a rollup, which has two tables,
one for call options and one for put options. However, I may get new months or old months
may need to be removed. Let me know if you an suggest any performance improvements. Thanks.

On 4/27/10 4:52 AM, "Greg Brown" <gkbrown@mac.com> wrote:

Are you loading the content every time the rollup is expanded, or just the first time?

On Apr 26, 2010, at 8:27 PM, Shahzad Bhatti wrote:

> I found that I was reusing WTKSerializer for all sections so changing it reload for every
section fixed it. Though, I noticed severe slowness in this approach. So, I am wondering if
there is a better way to show tables by sections (Actually, in my case I have two tables per
section). Thanks.

> On 4/26/10 4:37 PM, "Shahzad Bhatti" <sbhatti@peak6.com> wrote:
>
> I am trying to implement groups of collapsible table by using Rollup and TablePane. At
high level, I have a ScrollPane, which in turn has BoxPane. I store the id of BoxPane in my
application. Then at runtime, I load the wtkx file containing Rollup and TablePane for each
section and then add them to BoxPane. However, it's now showing the contents of the Rollup
and tables and I only see thin bar and everything  mangled together. I tried calling validate
on top level BoxPane, but it didn't help. Any idea what could be causing it? Thanks.