pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: WTKXSerializer -> BeanSerializer
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2010 16:39:19 GMT
I personally prefer the simpler "Resources" to "ResourceMap", so I don't think I would advocate
renaming that class. I also don't think it is a huge priority for Pivot to support JSR-250
- to me, it doesn't seem like it would be a common use case.

@BXML (like @WTKX) means that the member refers to an object declared in a BXML (or WTKX)
file.

I am currently thinking that this change could be made for Pivot 1.5, but in a backwards compatible
way. Then, in Pivot 2.0, we'd drop the backwards compatibility.

On Apr 20, 2010, at 12:30 PM, Dirk Möbius wrote:

> Greg Brown <gkbrown@mac.com> wrote:
>> However, I think the "Resources" name clash would cause confusion, so I think it
would be preferable to stick with the existing terminology and not attempt to support JSR-250
(the end result is the same either way).

> The (now dead) Swing Application Framework (SAF) called it "ResourceMap" to avoid the
confusion.

> This is for Pivot 2.0, isn't it? +1 for renaming Resources to ResourceMap and to support
those parts of JSR-250. This makes it easier for newbies: if a new user sees the the @Resource
annotation in Pivot code the first time, he knows immediately what this means. The @BXML annotation
doesn't say anything.