pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Help needed testing text rendering
Date Thu, 15 Apr 2010 13:43:16 GMT
I should note that most (if not all) of the non-text components in that demo use a Label to
render their content, so buttons, checkboxes, etc. should also look OK. Let me know if you
see otherwise.

On Apr 15, 2010, at 9:39 AM, Greg Brown wrote:

> OK - can you try viewing this page again, and let me know if the text looks right to
you? I updated LabelSkin, TextAreaSkin, and TerraTextInputSkin to use the rendering approach
I used in the sample applet (I have not updated other text-based components yet - just want
to see if I am on the right track).

> http://ixnay.biz/PIVOT-393/kitchen-sink.html
>
> Anyone else who wants to comment, please feel free.
>

> On Apr 15, 2010, at 4:45 AM, Dirk Möbius wrote:
>

>> Hi Greg,
>>
>> Windows XP SP3 32bit, JRE 1.6.0-u16, dual head LCD 1280x1024 with ClearType on.
>>
>> Console output says:
>> KEY_TEXT_ANTIALIASING: LCD HRGB antialiasing text mode
>> KEY_FRACTIONALMETRICS: Default fractional text metrics mode
>>
>> The text displays nicely with subpixel rendering. It looks exactly the same as if
the Windows system font renderer is rendering a Verdana font.

>>> looks on a Mac.  :-)  Note that you may need to resize the browser window - for
some reason, the text looks smudgy when I first load it, but once it is repainted it draws
correctly