pivot-user mailing list archives

From "Rendell, Stephen / Kuehne + Nagel / Ntg CI" <Stephen.Rend...@kuehne-nagel.com>
Subject RE: Referencing pivot from Swing
Date Mon, 26 Apr 2010 15:54:07 GMT
That's brilliant, thanks. It's certainly more succinct than my version was.
In fact we wanted to run in a JInternalFrame, but it was easy to modify your nice clear example.

Cheers,
Steve

________________________________
From: Greg Brown [mailto:gkbrown@mac.com]
Sent: 26 April 2010 14:31
To: user@pivot.apache.org
Subject: Re: Referencing pivot from Swing

Though it will certainly be easier to do once PIVOT-418 is resolved, creating a custom application
context using the existing API isn't actually all that tough. For example, I created this
one by stripping out the non-essential code from DesktopApplicationContext:

  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/pivot/trunk/tests/src/org/apache/pivot/tests/SwingApplicationContext.java

I also added a menu bar (taken from the Swing menu tutorial) to demonstrate that it is possible.
Running SwingApplicationContext with the org.apache.pivot.tests.BaselineTest application makes
a decent example.

Hope this helps,
Greg