pivot-user mailing list archives

From "Rendell, Stephen / Kuehne + Nagel / Ntg CI" <Stephen.Rend...@kuehne-nagel.com>
Subject RE: Debugging AWT-EventQueue
Date Fri, 16 Apr 2010 14:50:46 GMT
I was just about to make the point about other projects having debug symbols too, so I'd like
to add my vote. As a user learning about Pivot, it makes it much easier to diagnose problems
and it will make Pivot more popular. Users often dont have the time (or inclination) to download
the source and build it as a project in their IDE etc.

Also if the javadoc was more comprehensive, or there was a complete reference of all the component
attributes, styles etc in one place, this might be less of a problem. The set of examples
on the web site is excellent though.

Certainly an e.g. alternate set of Maven artifacts with debug would be fine.

Cheers,
Steve
From: Dirk Möbius [dmoebius@scoop-gmbh.de]
Sent: 16 April 2010 15:38
To: user@pivot.apache.org
Subject: Re: Debugging AWT-EventQueue

Of course. But do you really want Todd to go "Yikes" again and say
"there's no much you can do"?!?

I don't think there are many open source libraries left without
debugging symbols. Spring has it, Hibernate has it, MyFaces has it.
What's so bad about it?

Dirk.

Greg Brown <gkbrown@mac.com> wrote:
> You can either modify build.xml locally or specify
> -Dcompile.debug=true on the command line.
>
> On Apr 16, 2010, at 10:18 AM, Dirk Möbius wrote:
>
>> Pivot 1.5pre is still missing debug symbols.
>>
>> Could you please change build.xml to compile with debug symbols by
>> default, setting "compile.debug" to true?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Dirk.
>>

>> Todd Volkert wrote:
>>
>>> Yikes.  If you're running off of Pivot 1.4, there's no much you can do,
>>> because debug symbols have been removed from the jars.  If you're running
>>> off the trunk, you can compile with debug turned on and get more info.
>>>
>>> Can you file an issue in JIRA so we can track this?
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>> -T

Kuehne + Nagel Ltd. ( the Company) trade solely upon the conditions of the British International
Freight Association. Copies of these Conditions can be obtained on application to the Company
or upon application to the Director General of the British International Freight Association
at Redfern House, Browells Lane, Feltham, Middx, TW13 7EP

This email and any attachments are confidential and solely for the use of the intended  recipient.
They may contain material protected by legal professional or other privilege. If  you are
not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering to the intended  recipient,
you are not authorised to and must not disclose, copy, distribute or retain this  email or
its attachments. Although this email and its attachments are believed to be free  of any virus
or other defect, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that they  are virus
free and no responsibility is accepted by the company for any loss or damage  arising from
receipt or use thereof.

Kuehne + Nagel Ltd.
Registered in England and Wales number 01722216.
VAT Registration Number GB 864 4409 10.
Registered Office: 1 Union Business Park, Florence Way, Rockingham Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex.
UB8 2LS