pivot-user mailing list archives

From "Rendell, Stephen / Kuehne + Nagel / Ntg CI" <Stephen.Rend...@kuehne-nagel.com>
Subject RE: other themes or look and feel
Date Thu, 15 Apr 2010 13:40:07 GMT
Yes, extending a subset of Skin classes would seem to be enough .. so I would call Theme.set
for each of these in my Application.startup() I guess ?

Cheers,
Steve
________________________________
From: Greg Brown [gkbrown@mac.com]
Sent: 15 April 2010 13:46
To: user@pivot.apache.org
Subject: Re: other themes or look and feel

Hi Steve,

Terra is the only theme available at the moment. We don't support any Swing LAFs, though it
wouldn't be unrealistic to consider porting one to Pivot.

Terra is pretty customizable though. The simplest way to customize it is by setting styles
on your components (to change color, font, etc.). You can also supply a custom theme descriptor
that defines the font, colors, and icons used by the theme. The default version looks like
this:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/pivot/trunk/wtk-terra/src/org/apache/pivot/wtk/skin/terra/TerraTheme_default.json

It is also possible to create your own theme, though this is a pretty significant undertaking.
Another option is to extend the Terra theme and provide custom skins for a subset of components
rather than writing an entire scheme from scratch.

FWIW, we are planning to introduce a new theme with Pivot 2.0 (and we will probably continue
to support Terra as well). However, that is pretty far out at this point - we don't even know
what it will look like yet.

Hope this helps.

Greg