pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: More collection issues
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2010 13:15:23 GMT
I like the idea, but it has the potential for memory leaks (since the user would be responsible
for detaching the source from the wrapper in order to unregister the listener).

On Apr 19, 2010, at 8:41 AM, Noel Grandin wrote:

> On 2010-04-19 13:57, Greg Brown wrote:
>>
>>> 2. The immutable collection classes (ImmutableList/Map/Set) expose their own
private List/Set/MapListeners, which makes them completely useless -- never will those listeners
report any modification. Instead, the methods getListListeners(), getMapListeners(), getSetListeners()
should delegate to the wrapped List/Map/Set instance, so that the users of the immutable view
still get reported about modifications of the wrapped collection.

>> That would sort of defeat the purpose of the wrapper class. When using immutable
collections, the caller should not still be modifying the underlying collection. The caller
certainly should not be under the expectation that the immutable collection will fire any
events (especially from a different collection).