pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Top level Menu Bar
Date Fri, 16 Apr 2010 13:19:41 GMT
> Is it possible to have a menu bar attached to the top level application window (Display),
immediately under the application's top bar?

Not at the moment, though this raises some interesting questions about how such a thing might
be implemented. One approach might be to add a "menuBar" property to the display (similar
to how Mac menus are always attached to the display). Another might be to add support for
internal frames (which Pivot doesn't currently support) and allow a caller to hide the title
bar for top-level Frames.

I haven't thought about it in any great detail, but at first glance it seems like the first
option might be better (it would basically allow developers to treat the display as a top-level
MDI container).

> Also we need to be able to reorder our results list columns by drag-n-dropping the column
headers. I dont suppose there are any plans to e.g. enrich the TableView to allow this?

This isn't currently supported, but could certainly be added to TerraTableViewHeaderSkin.
It is also something you could probably do pretty easily in application code in the meantime.