pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Label renderer
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2010 21:27:05 GMT
You can just use the syntax I mentioned below to change the color of a Label in a Form.

I don't think there are any examples dedicated to ImageView, but it is pretty straightforward
to use. The easiest way to use it would be to pass the URL of the image you want to load to
ImageView#setImage(URL). If the image is stored in your JAR file, you probably want to load
it synchronously. However, if it is remote, you may want to have the ImageView load it asynchronously,
by calling ImageView#setAsynchronous(true) before calling setImage(URL).

Hope this helps.

On Apr 19, 2010, at 5:18 PM, Shahzad Bhatti wrote:

> I am using a set of labels along with Form similar to stock details in the stock-tracker
example. I would like to display "change value" of the stock in green or red color along.
For example, in the stock tracker example, the table renderer uses custom renderer to show
change value in different color and I need to do the same thing in the labels that is loaded
by the form. Also, do you have any examples to use image as well. Thanks.

> On 4/19/10 2:02 PM, "Greg Brown" <gkbrown@mac.com> wrote:
>
> Not quite sure what you are looking for. Are you trying to write a table, tree, or button
renderer, or are you just trying to change the color/icon of a Label?

> To change the color of a label, you can just set the "color" style:
>
>  label.getStyles().put("color", "#ffffff");
>
> Unlike Swing JLabels, Pivot Labels don't combine a text label and an icon - they only
display text. To create the equivalent of a Swing JLabel, you can use a BoxPane that contains
an ImageView and a Label.

> On Apr 19, 2010, at 4:53 PM, Shahzad Bhatti wrote:
>
>> I need to modify color and an icon for a label based on its value. I saw example
code that uses renderer for tables, trees and buttons but can someone suggest the best way
to write renderer  for label to that.  Thanks.