pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Debugging AWT-EventQueue
Date Fri, 16 Apr 2010 14:43:30 GMT
Are you suggesting that the release distribution should include debug symbols? That would significantly
increase the size of the JARs - that may not be important to a server-side app, but it does
have implications on a client-side app.

Ideally, the distribution would include both debug and release JARs. In the meantime, the
best solution is to build the platform from source with debug set to true.

On Apr 16, 2010, at 10:38 AM, Dirk Möbius wrote:

> Of course. But do you really want Todd to go "Yikes" again and say "there's no much you
can do"?!?

> I don't think there are many open source libraries left without debugging symbols. Spring
has it, Hibernate has it, MyFaces has it. What's so bad about it?