pivot-user mailing list archives

From Dirk Möbius <dmoeb...@scoop-gmbh.de>
Subject Re: WTKXSerializer -> BeanSerializer
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2010 15:56:03 GMT
my 2 cents:

> - Move all classes in org.apache.pivot.wtkx to org.apache.pivot.beans

Does this mean that it moves from pivot-wtk to pivot-core? Good.

> - Rename @WTKX to @BXML

Why not use the standard @Resource annotation of JSR-250 (Common
Annotations) which is specifically designed for dependency injection?
Common Annotations are part of Java 6 SE. See
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JSR_250 . Also note that most DI tools
such as Spring already support @Resource.

Alas, the @Resources annotation of JSR-299 name-clashes with Pivot's
Resources class, so that would need to be resolved...

Other than that I don't care about the refactoring. I don't plan to
use the Serializer for anything besides gui instantiation.

Dirk.