pivot-user mailing list archives

From Dirk Möbius <dmoeb...@scoop-gmbh.de>
Subject Re: Help needed testing text rendering
Date Thu, 15 Apr 2010 08:45:37 GMT

Hi Greg,

Windows XP SP3 32bit, JRE 1.6.0-u16, dual head LCD 1280x1024 with
ClearType on.

Console output says:
KEY_TEXT_ANTIALIASING: LCD HRGB antialiasing text mode
KEY_FRACTIONALMETRICS: Default fractional text metrics mode

The text displays nicely with subpixel rendering. It looks exactly the
same as if the Windows system font renderer is rendering a Verdana font.

> looks on a Mac.  :-)  Note that you may need to resize the browser
> window - for some reason, the text looks smudgy when I first load
> it, but once it is repainted it draws correctly

I didn't see that. It displays fine on first load.

I attached a screenshot:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12441806/text-test-winxp-java1.6.0.16-cleartype.jpg

Regards,
Dirk.