pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: WTKXSerializer -> BeanSerializer
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2010 17:47:09 GMT
FYI, I just prototyped this. It wouldn't be terribly difficult to support backwards compatibility
with WTKXSerializer for 1.x, but it will be a much more straightforward change for 2.0 if
we don't need to do that. So I will move this ticket to 2.0.

On Apr 20, 2010, at 12:39 PM, Greg Brown wrote:

> I personally prefer the simpler "Resources" to "ResourceMap", so I don't think I would
advocate renaming that class. I also don't think it is a huge priority for Pivot to support
JSR-250 - to me, it doesn't seem like it would be a common use case.

> @BXML (like @WTKX) means that the member refers to an object declared in a BXML (or WTKX)
file.

> I am currently thinking that this change could be made for Pivot 1.5, but in a backwards
compatible way. Then, in Pivot 2.0, we'd drop the backwards compatibility.

> On Apr 20, 2010, at 12:30 PM, Dirk Möbius wrote:
>
>> Greg Brown <gkbrown@mac.com> wrote:
>>> However, I think the "Resources" name clash would cause confusion, so I think
it would be preferable to stick with the existing terminology and not attempt to support JSR-250
(the end result is the same either way).

>> The (now dead) Swing Application Framework (SAF) called it "ResourceMap" to avoid
the confusion.

>> This is for Pivot 2.0, isn't it? +1 for renaming Resources to ResourceMap and to
support those parts of JSR-250. This makes it easier for newbies: if a new user sees the the
@Resource annotation in Pivot code the first time, he knows immediately what this means. The
@BXML annotation doesn't say anything.