pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Serving WTKX from the server
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2010 15:36:18 GMT
Sounds very interesting! Let us know if you have any other questions.

On Apr 13, 2010, at 11:33 AM, Rendell, Stephen / Kuehne + Nagel / Ntg CI wrote:

> Thanks very much.
> We are starting a rich client proof–of–concept using various swing / GUI frameworks,
layout managers etc and pivot is looking like a favourite.

> Cheers,
> Steve

defines a readObject(InputStream) method. You can just pass this method a stream you have
opened to the server.

> You might even be able to do it using a GetQuery (though you will probably want to call
the asynchronous version of execute(), the one that takes a TaskListener argument):

> GetQuery query = new GetQuery("foo.com", "/bar.wtkx");
> query.setSerializer(new WTKXSerializer());
> Object result = query.execute();
>
> Hope this helps. If you try it, I would be curious to know how it works out.

> On Apr 13, 2010, at 5:39 AM, Rendell, Stephen / Kuehne + Nagel / Ntg CI wrote:
>

> Hi,
>
> We have a requirement for ‘dynamic screens’, i.e. the layout/type etc of widgets
is configured at runtime by an admin and stored in the DB. Is there a way of loading WTKX
files from the server to achieve this, rather than having them stored statically in a jar
etc?

> Thanks,
> Steve R
>

> Kuehne + Nagel Ltd. ( the Company) trade solely upon the conditions of the British International
Freight Association. Copies of these Conditions can be obtained on application to the Company
or upon application to the Director General of the British International Freight Association
at Redfern House, Browells Lane, Feltham, Middx, TW13 7EP

> This email and any attachments are confidential and solely for the use of the intended
recipient. They may contain material protected by legal professional or other privilege. If
you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering to the intended
recipient, you are not authorised to and must not disclose, copy, distribute or retain this
email or its attachments. Although this email and its attachments are believed to be free
of any virus or other defect, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that they
are virus free and no responsibility is accepted by the company for any loss or damage arising
from receipt or use thereof.

> Kuehne + Nagel Ltd.
> Registered in England and Wales number 01722216.
> VAT Registration Number GB 864 4409 10.
> Registered Office: 1 Union Business Park, Florence Way, Rockingham Road, Uxbridge, Middlesex.
UB8 2LS