pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: databinding tableview
Date Mon, 08 Mar 2010 13:08:05 GMT
Hi Steve,

Could you provide a more specific example of what you are trying to accomplish? It is currently
pretty easy to "bind" a data source to a TableView component and have the TableView automatically
update to reflect changes made to the model data. We refer to TableView and other components
like it (ListView, TreeView, and Spinner) as "data-bound" components, though this is different
from our definition of "data binding". Data binding refers to the process of taking a "data
context" and mapping it to and from a set of user interface controls via Component#load()
and store(). So I am not sure if you are looking for information on data-bound components,
data binding, or both.

FWIW, TableView doesn't currently support data binding, though I am currently working on adding
support for that to Pivot 1.4.1. You'll be able to bind a data source to TableView's "tableData"
property as well as binding to the "selectedRow" and "selectedRows" properties.

Greg

On Mar 7, 2010, at 1:02 PM, Pivot-Steven Dahlin wrote:

> The tutorials cover databinding in only a cursory fashion.  I was wondering if there
was a more sophisticated example out there that tied databinding with a tableview.  I am looking
for something that might have the capabilities that I might see with .Net where I can define
a LINQ source, set it as the datasource for a table/gird/view and then call databind();  I
know that I can wire it up by hand but anything that saves time is useful.