pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Calling setContent
Date Wed, 31 Mar 2010 00:25:58 GMT
You are getting this error because you can't add a window to another window - could you just
define another file called content.wtkx and load that at login? The root element of this file
would be whatever you are currently defining as the content of newWindow.

On Mar 30, 2010, at 7:23 PM, Shahzad Bhatti wrote:

> I am writing an application that requires a login, and only after successful login it
starts the actual application. I decided to define a container in top level wtkx file and
then load wtkx file for login. I then set  contents of the top container to the contents of
the login window. For example,
>   <content>
>        <Border wtkx:id="container" styles="{backgroundColor:null, padding:2}">
>            <content>
>            </content>
>        </Border>
>    </content>
>
> Here is how I load the top wtkx file:
> WTKXSerializer wtkxSerializer = new WTKXSerializer(); window = (Window) wtkxSerializer.readObject(this,
"root.wtkx"); contentPane = (Border) wtkxSerializer.get(" container");

Source)    at org.apache.pivot.wtk.Container.insert(Unknown Source)    at org.apache.pivot.wtk.Container.add(Unknown
Source)    at org.apache.pivot.wtk.Border.setContent(Unknown Source)    at com.peak6.oh.client.ui.Main.startup(Main.java:183)