pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Pivot Web Application Example
Date Fri, 26 Mar 2010 12:54:38 GMT
> Could anyone post in some place (or send me) some example or reference of a web application
based on Pivot?

With a few minor exceptions, any Pivot application can be run either on the desktop or as
an applet. This page shows a number of Pivot applications running as applets:

http://pivot.apache.org/demos/

See the section entitled "The Application Interface" for more information on how this works
(note that there is a typo in this version of the tutorial - "applicationClassName" should
be "application_class_name"):

http://pivot.apache.org/tutorials/hello-world.html

>  how could I comunicate with EJB components if I decide to deploy the web application
based on Pivot in a machine, and deploy EJB components in another machine?

I'm not an EJB expert, but maybe this article would help?

http://www.oracle.com/technology/sample_code/tech/java/codesnippet/ejb/applettoejb/HowTo_Applet_talks_to_Session_bean.html