pivot-user mailing list archives

From Todd Volkert <tvolk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Pivot Web Application Example
Date Fri, 26 Mar 2010 10:17:25 GMT
Hi Luiz,

The only real requirement is that your jar files are locatable via HTTP on
the same domain as your HTML page containing the applet.  Then, you will
generally use Sun's Java Deployment Toolkit (a Javascript file containing
cross-browser JS) to detect the user's Java plug-in version and write out
the applet tags (or force them to install the Java plug-in).  Examples of
this can be found in the online Pivot demos (e.g.
http://pivot.apache.org/demos/kitchen-sink.html for a full-screen app, and
http://pivot.apache.org/demos/decorators.html for a non-full-screen one).

The only thing that springs to mind with your EJB question is that you might
have to sign your jar files to perform cross-domain requests legally from
within the applet.

Let me know if you have any questions about the parameters that are being
passed to the applet in the examples.

Cheers,
-T