pivot-user mailing list archives

From Todd Volkert <tvolk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: action mapping
Date Thu, 25 Mar 2010 19:17:06 GMT
Action is a higher level abstraction that at the event handler level.  For
instance, I have things like NewInvoiceAction, DeleteInvoiceAction,
ProvideFeedbackAction, etc.  They each register themselves as event
listeners on the app and maintain an internal state -- thus allowing them to
perform their action at any time without needing to know how they were
triggered.  They also maintain their own enabled/disabled state in a similar
fashion.  Then I wire up my buttons, menus, and keystrokes to my actions,
and my get auto-disabling of those buttons and menu items for free.

-T