pivot-user mailing list archives

From Todd Volkert <tvolk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Trouble adding components dynamically
Date Mon, 01 Mar 2010 17:11:34 GMT
Hi David,

I tried reproducing your example given your code, and the child.wtkx file
shows up for me when added programatically.  One thing was a little weird
though -- the fact that you have the preferred size of the parent border set
to the same as the preferred size of the child box pane means that each
child box pane will take up the size of the border entirely.  Couple this
with the fact that you're using a verticalScrollBarPolicy of "fill" means
that you're guaranteed to never see any but the first box pane.  If I let
the scroll pane keep its default vertical scroll bar policy ("auto"), then a
scroll bar shows up, and I see the child box panes...

For reference, here's my exact test case based on your samples:

gp.wtkx:

<Window title="Template Builder UI!"
    maximized="true"
    xmlns:wtkx="http://pivot.apache.org/wtkx"
    xmlns="org.apache.pivot.wtk">
    <content>
        <Border styles="{padding:12}">
            <content>
                <BoxPane>
                    <TabPane>
                        <tabs>
                            <BoxPane TabPane.label="tab number 1"
                                styles="{horizontalAlignment:'center',
verticalAlignment:'center'}"
                                wtkx:id="tab1">
                                <!-- content -->
                            </BoxPane>
                            <BoxPane wtkx:id="tab2" TabPane.label="tab
number 2"
                                styles="{horizontalAlignment:'center',
verticalAlignment:'center'}">
                                <wtkx:include src="parent.wtkx">
                                </wtkx:include>
                            </BoxPane>
                        </tabs>
                    </TabPane>
                </BoxPane>
            </content>
        </Border>
    </content>
</Window>

parent.wtkx:

<Border xmlns:wtkx="http://pivot.apache.org/wtkx"
    xmlns="org.apache.pivot.wtk"
    preferredWidth="800" preferredHeight="600">
    <content>
        <ScrollPane horizontalScrollBarPolicy="fill"
verticalScrollBarPolicy="fill">
            <view>
                <BoxPane orientation="vertical" wtkx:id="containerPane"/>
            </view>
        </ScrollPane>
    </content>
</Border>

child.wtkx: (same as yours)

Foo.java

public class Foo implements Application {
    private Window window = null;

    @WTKX public BoxPane containerPane;

    @Override
    public void startup(Display display, Map<String, String> properties)
throws Exception {
        WTKXSerializer wtkxSerializer = new WTKXSerializer();
        window = (Window)wtkxSerializer.readObject(this, "gp.wtkx");
        wtkxSerializer.bind(this);

        for(int i = 0; i < 10; i++) {
            WTKXSerializer wtkx = new WTKXSerializer();
            BoxPane singlePane = null;

            singlePane = (BoxPane)wtkx.readObject(this, "child.wtkx");
            containerPane.add(singlePane);
        }

        window.open(display);
    }

    @Override
    public boolean shutdown(boolean optional) throws Exception {
        if (window != null) {
            window.close();
        }

        return false;