pivot-user mailing list archives

From Francis Hartojo <fhart...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Q: Custom Spinner Graphics and Invisible Cursor.
Date Sat, 13 Feb 2010 05:51:49 GMT
On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 5:58 PM, Greg Brown <gkbrown@mac.com> wrote:
> However, if you use larger images and scale their display size down, they
> may scale up OK. I haven't tested this yet, but please let us know how it
> goes if you try it.  :-)

I need to think about this first.  The way Todd described it I can
scale up/down the entire display including all the contained
components.  Can I scale up/down just a single component?

> On Feb 12, 2010, at 7:28 PM, Todd Volkert wrote:
> That's true.  If you used vector graphics for your pictures
> (http://pivot.apache.org/tutorials/drawing.html), they'll scale well, but as
> of 1.4, the graphics that are built into the Pivot components (like
> FileBrowser, Alert, and Prompt) use bitmaps, not vector graphics -- we plan
> to address this later, but possibly not until 2.0.

OK.  BTW, I'd like to thank you and the rest of the team for
developing Pivot.  I've been looking long and hard for something just
like it.  Swing is great and flexible, but designing and laying out
screens programmatically just isn't my thing.  Pivot is just the
ticket.  With it I can add new and redesign existing screens quickly.
So, again, thank you.  Please keep up the good work.

One more point about the scaling up a spinner.  After playing with it
for a bit, I find that the spinner buttons are still a bit small for
touchscreen use---not me, but other people have big fat fingers
(c:---unless I scale them up quite big.  Then other artefacts become
noticeable such as a dotted box focus indicator around the selected
spinner data.  Just thought I'd mention that.

Thanks.
--
Francis
echo "sunegbwb@tznvy.pbz" | tr '[a-z]' '[n-za-m]'