pivot-user mailing list archives

From Sandro Martini <sandro.mart...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Compatibility breaks between pivot versions.
Date Mon, 01 Feb 2010 22:05:54 GMT
Hi to Serge (welcome to Pivot) and to all, just a quick note:

> Anyway, I'm going to write my own <checkWTKX> Ant task and add it in my
> compile target. I think it's a good idea. Just to be sure.
I think it would be a good thing.

Many months ago I tried an experiment, writing a simple annotation
that at Compile time could be used to mark an instance variable to be
injected with a wtkx resource (and maybe at different check levels,
like check only for existence, check for validity, etc) but at that
time we weren't on Java 6 and so it wasn't fully integrated in builds.
Now things could be simpler for us, so what do you think ?

In any case I think we should find some way to improve error-checking
at compile time, because at runtime something can always be missed.
This was one of major complaints on Spring and other XML based
frameworks (but now with heavy usage of annotations of much better).

Bye,
Sandro