pivot-user mailing list archives

From Cuong Diep <cu...@fortresshill.co.uk>
Subject Re: Components made up of Java class and WTKX markup
Date Mon, 01 Feb 2010 15:44:58 GMT
Hi,

Sorry I did't make myself a bit clearer.

I suppose what I'm trying to work out is how to create a 'black-box
component' that consists of many widgets.  For example, a 'paging table'
component that consists of a TableView but also Labels to show total number
of items, starting item number, end item number, LinkButtons for next and

I'd like to be reuse the above component but may want to change the position
or alignment of the labels or link buttons or hide them completely.

What would be the best way to do this?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Greg Brown <gkbrown@mac.com>
To: user@pivot.apache.org
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 12:45:27 -0500
Subject: Re: Components made up of Java class and WTKX markup
Hi Cuong,

> Let's say I have the class AboutPane [extends BoxPane] and I have the
markup file AboutPane.wtkx which has the content

> <mycorp:AboutPane ...>
>     <Label wtkx:id="version" text="Version 1.0" />
> </mycorp>
>
> That is, AboutPane always has a Label to display a 'version' value.
>
> To include in my app, I do a '<wtkx:include src="AboutPane.wtkx />' in my
main markup file, but within AboutPane.java, how do I reference the
'version' property from within, say, AboutPane's constructor?

If AboutPane implements org.apache.pivot.wtkx.Bindable and declares a Label
member as follows, you can get access to the label in the initialize()
method:

@WTKX private Label version;

(the annotation is also defined in org.apache.pivot.wtkx)

> Inversely, I can do a '<mycorp:AboutPane />' in my main markup file, but
how do tell Pivot to parse and render AboutPane.wtkx (as it automagically
includes the version Label)?

Not entirely sure what you are looking for, but perhaps you want to use an
include?

<wtkx:include src="AboutPane.wtkx"/>

Hope this helps,
Greg