pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Aborting a task
Date Thu, 25 Feb 2010 14:46:48 GMT
Just checked support for this in to the trunk.

On Feb 24, 2010, at 4:13 PM, Mathias Versichele wrote:

> Good idea, that's what I want
>
> 2010/2/24 Greg Brown <gkbrown@mac.com>
> In this case, though, I wonder if TaskGroup and TaskSequence should override abort()
and abort all tasks in the collection.

> On Feb 24, 2010, at 3:19 PM, Todd Volkert wrote:
>
>> It means that your Task subclass should check the abort flag periodically inside
its execute() method.

>> -T
>>
>> On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 3:16 PM, Mathias Versichele <mathias.versichele@gmail.com>
wrote:
>> Calling the abort() method of my TaskSequence has no effect. I read in the API that
this only sets the abort field to true and that the implementing class has to respect this
value and throw an AbortException accordingly. Does this mean that in the loop that is running
in the task, I have to check this field with every loop run or something ?