pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: trees/treenodes
Date Thu, 18 Feb 2010 15:12:54 GMT
> Another related scenario I ran into was this:
>
> I'm using your Pivot hashmap with change listeners (great idea).  And as I'm adding/removing/clearing
the hashmap, the listeners reload a tree.  Now when I click on the treenode, it would be nice
to "go back" to the hashmap to grab more properties that the treenode is representing.  Since
the regular treenodes are really hollow, I have to fall back to using the dictionaries my
custom treenodes to tie them back to the hashmap keys.

> I think it's less of a problem with tables, because you can have extra "data columns/attributes"
in the arraylist that are not visible in the view, to store properties.

You can also do this with tree data - just not the default TreeNode and TreeBranch classes.
You (currently) need to define your own data structure, or use the XML Element class.

> Just an idea.  I haven't wrapped my head around the renderers yet.  I could be misinformed
in this area.

I actually think renderers may be exactly what you are looking for. Take a look at the NodeRenderer
class in the XML Viewer tool for an example:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/pivot/trunk/tools/src/org/apache/pivot/tools/xml/