pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Loading multiple windows
Date Tue, 23 Feb 2010 12:46:51 GMT
When you say "parent window", I assume you mean "host window"? This is the native frame around
the Pivot display. All Pivot windows run within a single native host window (or browser plugin).
We don't currently support multiple native host windows (though we have recently been discussing
the possibility of adding such support).

On Feb 23, 2010, at 7:38 AM, Mathias Versichele wrote:

> Ok, so I should use Frame instances instead of Window classes... If I change my code
accordingly:

> @Override
>     public void startup(Display display, Map<String, String> properties) throws
Exception {
>     	this.display = display;
>
>     	wtkxSerializer = new WTKXSerializer();
>         frame = (Frame)wtkxSerializer.readObject(this, "gui.wtkx");
>         frame.open(display);
>
>         wtkxSerializer = new WTKXSerializer();
>         frame2 = (Frame)wtkxSerializer.readObject(this, "gui.wtkx");
>         frame2.open(display);
>     }
>
> I get two child windows in one parent window. What I want, however, is two parent windows.
>
> Regards
>
> 2010/2/23 Todd Volkert <tvolkert@gmail.com>
> Does gui.wtkx specify that the window is maximized?  If so, then 'window2' will be on
top of and completely obscure 'window'.  Note that the Window class is a decoration-less window.
 If you want window trim, then use the Frame class.

> -T
>

> On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 6:37 AM, Mathias Versichele <mathias.versichele@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hey everybody,
>
> I know it's possible to load more than one window in pivot, and the sample code from
the windows section in the tutorial seems pretty straightforward. However, the following code
will only show my second window while my first window is nowhere to be seen (it is in memory):