pivot-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Mathias Versichele <mathias.versich...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Loading multiple windows
Date Tue, 23 Feb 2010 12:52:24 GMT
Ok, that answers my question. Pitty though... with two host windows, you
could place them on different monitors (ideally I'd like to do my java3d
rendering in another window which I can shift to another monitor).

Mathias

2010/2/23 Greg Brown <gkbrown@mac.com>

> When you say "parent window", I assume you mean "host window"? This is the
> native frame around the Pivot display. All Pivot windows run within a single
> native host window (or browser plugin). We don't currently support multiple
> native host windows (though we have recently been discussing the possibility
> of adding such support).
>
>
> On Feb 23, 2010, at 7:38 AM, Mathias Versichele wrote:
>
> Ok, so I should use Frame instances instead of Window classes... If I
> change my code accordingly:
>
> @Override
>     public void startup(Display display, Map<String, String> properties)
> throws Exception {
>      this.display = display;
>
>      wtkxSerializer = new WTKXSerializer();
>         frame = (Frame)wtkxSerializer.readObject(this, "gui.wtkx");
>         frame.open(display);
>
>         wtkxSerializer = new WTKXSerializer();
>         frame2 = (Frame)wtkxSerializer.readObject(this, "gui.wtkx");
>         frame2.open(display);
>     }
>
> I get two child windows in one parent window. What I want, however, is two
> parent windows.
>
> Regards
>
> 2010/2/23 Todd Volkert <tvolkert@gmail.com>
>
>> Does gui.wtkx specify that the window is maximized?  If so, then 'window2'
>> will be on top of and completely obscure 'window'.  Note that the Window
>> class is a decoration-less window.  If you want window trim, then use the
>> Frame class.
>>
>> -T
>>
>>
>> On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 6:37 AM, Mathias Versichele <
>> mathias.versichele@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hey everybody,
>>>
>>> I know it's possible to load more than one window in pivot, and the
>>> sample code from the windows section in the tutorial seems pretty
>>> straightforward. However, the following code will only show my second window
>>> while my first window is nowhere to be seen (it is in memory):
>>>
>>> @Override
>>>     public void startup(Display display, Map<String, String> properties)
>>> throws Exception {
>>>      this.display = display;
>>>
>>>      wtkxSerializer = new WTKXSerializer();
>>>         window = (Window)wtkxSerializer.readObject(this, "gui.wtkx");
>>>         window.open(display);
>>>
>>>         wtkxSerializer = new WTKXSerializer();
>>>         window2 = (Window)wtkxSerializer.readObject(this, "gui.wtkx");
>>>         window2.open(display);
>>>     }
>>>
>>> What am I doing wrong ?
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> --
>>> Mathias Versichele
>>> Bio-ir milieutechnologie / Msc. geografie
>>> Oudburgstraat 16
>>> 9240 Zele
>>> 0485/16.07.08
>>>
>>
>>
>
>
> --
> Mathias Versichele
> Bio-ir milieutechnologie / Msc. geografie
> Oudburgstraat 16
> 9240 Zele
> 0485/16.07.08
>
>
>


-- 
Mathias Versichele
Bio-ir milieutechnologie / Msc. geografie
Oudburgstraat 16
9240 Zele
0485/16.07.08

Mime
View raw message