pivot-user mailing list archives

From Rostislav Krasny <rosti....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Layout component within ScrollPane
Date Sun, 14 Feb 2010 21:09:30 GMT
>> Why vertical alignment in TextArea is less likely to be implemented?
>> Is it harder to be implemented than the horizontal one or some other
>> reason?
>
> There is not as much of a use case for vertical alignment in TextArea. Think about a
typical word processor - it supports horizontal alignment, but not vertical, because text
is laid out from right to left and is expected to scroll vertically.

I can't agree with this statement. Almost all chat and IM (Instant
Messaging) applications use vertical text alignment. This is always
naturally enough to find a new text near the text input it was typed
in and not somewhere else.