pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Update on Filtering TableView Objects
Date Thu, 25 Feb 2010 01:44:28 GMT
> As for the custom List class, I like the whole seamless nature of
> that, but what event would I use to get more data?

You wouldn't use an event - your List implementation would presumably know which pages it
had already loaded and, when it detected a request for a missing page, would query the server.
You could do this in the get() method.

> The downside to that is that the relative position and
> size of the scrollthumb inside the toolbar would change as I appended
> more records to the custom List -- but maybe that's still better than
> having to use record selectors?

That's one possibility. Though if you know how many rows (or pages) you have up front, then
this wouldn't be an issue. The list would simply "pretend" that it had already loaded all
of the data, and fill in the missing pieces as it is loaded.