pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: trees/treenodes
Date Thu, 18 Feb 2010 14:42:45 GMT
I think you make a valid point. Any non-trivial application would probably end up using a custom
renderer that is capable of presenting an application-specific data structure. The approach
you have taken is one solution - another is using the org.apache.pivot.xml.Element class as
I described here:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/pivot-user/201002.mbox/%3cFB140F86-9C05-43A3-A66D-E505F8A154F8@mac.com%3e

It does seem like we might be able to do something to make this process easier for developers.
Table data is also generally application specific, and the stock table cell renderers do a
pretty good job covering the common use cases there. Maybe we could do something similar for
tree data.

On Feb 18, 2010, at 8:36 AM, Robert Piotrowski wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've got my own TreeNodes now that have a UserDataDictionary capability (and working
great), but I was wondering, how would you normally work with trees if the only things on
a node are its Text and Icon values?  So let say you click on a node that says "authors (3)"
how would you normally interact with a click on that node so that a value that is not part
of the TreeNode Text is used?