pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Stack Panes and Z-Position
Date Wed, 24 Feb 2010 15:13:19 GMT
> That brings me to another problem to solve, though.  It doesn’t look like I can make
a Button transparent, and what I’m attempting to do is draw a set of shapes and trigger
an action when the shape is clicked.

You can do this in a couple of ways. You can set the button's color, background color, and
border color to a color with an alpha value, but the easier way would be to use an instance
of org.apache.pivot.wtk.effects.FadeDecorator.

> My first thought was to use a ComponentMouseButtonListener and then use the pane’s
getComponentAt(x,y) argument, but that returns components, and while I see how to get the
components parent, I don’t see how to get back down to the rectangle that the user actually
clicked.  Would it make more sense for me to create filled borders instead of drawing rectangles?
 That seems like it would work with rectangular objects, but not other shapes.

The org.apache.pivot.wtk.media.drawing.Group class has a getShapeAt() method you can use for
this.

>  The Canvas, Rectangle, and ImageView listeners don’t look like they have any kind
of mouse button listeners available.

Shapes don't have mouse button listeners but ImageView does (it extends Component).