pivot-user mailing list archives

From Todd Volkert <tvolk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Update on Filtering TableView Objects
Date Thu, 25 Feb 2010 11:41:45 GMT
FYI, I created such a list back in the day for tree data.  It reported its
would-be length, and when it was asked for items that were not yet loaded
from the server, it'd return a place-holder item, then kick off a server
query for the real data.  When the real data came back, it'd record it in
the client list as having been loaded, and it'd fire an event to notify the
tree view to repaint with the correct data.  It was a sweet user experience
-- much better than pagination controls, IMHO.

Unfortunately, that code is long gone, otherwise I'd share it.  But then
again, it wasn't that difficult to do.

-T