pivot-user mailing list archives

From Todd Volkert <tvolk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: setting width of a component
Date Thu, 18 Feb 2010 11:25:24 GMT
Hi Steven,

For all components, you can set an explicit preferred width in pixels using
setPreferredWidth() (or preferredWidth="" in WTKX) -- this will override any
calculations that the component would otherwise perform.  Or for TextInput
specifically, you can set its textSize property (setTextSize() in Java or
textSize="" in WTKX), which tells it how to calculate its preferred width
based on how many characters you want it to be able to show without
scrolling.

Cheers,
-T