pivot-user mailing list archives

From Todd Volkert <tvolk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Layout component within ScrollPane
Date Sun, 14 Feb 2010 21:18:06 GMT
FWIW, every chat application I've used (YIM, Pidgin, Epiphany, AIM) has been
some variation on this theme: two panes divided vertically by a splitter.
The text area in the lower region is for typing your outgoing messages, and
the text area in the upper region is to show the conversation.  Both text
areas use top alignment, but the conversation window automatically scrolls
to bottom when new text appears.  This behavior is supported in Pivot.

I haven't thought through all possible use cases to decide if bottom
alignment in text area would ever make sense -- I'm just saying that from my
observations, IM clients are not a typical use case of bottom alignment.

-T