pivot-user mailing list archives

From Todd Volkert <tvolk...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Q: Custom Spinner Graphics and Invisible Cursor.
Date Fri, 12 Feb 2010 16:06:47 GMT
Hi Francis,

Answers in-line.

> 1.  How do I create a custom spinner with larger up/down buttons?  Or,
> even the default ones would do if I can just widen them a little as
> they become tall and rather skinny when I enlarge them (i.e., use a
> larger font).

There's no way right now, but I've created
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIVOT-411 to track the issue.  That
being said, it sounds like scaling the display may suit your needs more than
increasing the font.  You can call
display.getDisplayHost().setScale(scale:double).  I recommend using
increments of 0.5 (e.g. 1.5, 2.0, etc.).  To see what scaling the display
looks like, you can hold down CTRL+SHIFT and scroll the mouse wheel on any
Pivot app.

> 2.  This is mostly just a nice-to-have right now, but how do I make
> the cursor disappear while the app. is running?  More specifically,
> from searching for possible solutions online it seems that the common
> technique is to set the cursor graphic to an invisible image, so I'd
> think that this same technique can also be used with Pivot, but how
> would I do that?  I find that I can change the type of cursor from a
> predefined set of cursors easily enough, but don't really see an easy
> way to define my own invisible one.

We don't have an API hook into setting an arbitrary cursor.  I've created
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIVOT-412 to add support for an
invisible cursor.

Cheers,
-T