pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Rich Text (HTML) Display
Date Tue, 23 Feb 2010 20:46:33 GMT
Good question. I neglected to mention in my previous post there is currently no way to embed
Swing components in a Pivot app. However, you might be able to wrap a JTextPane in a custom
Pivot component and delegate paint() calls to it. Alternatively, there may be some lower-level
Swing text rendering APIs you could delegate to and bypass JTextPane altogether.

On Feb 23, 2010, at 3:37 PM, Scott Baxter wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 2:19 PM, Greg Brown <gkbrown@mac.com> wrote:
> It is not currently supported. You might take a look at the Flying Saucer library. I
have not used it myself, but it seems promising. Note that it is LGPL and therefore not compatible
with the Apache License:

> https://xhtmlrenderer.dev.java.net/
>
> Looks like it might work.  For simple HTML rendering, why do you recommend this over
JTextPane?