pivot-user mailing list archives

From "Serge Le Breton" <...@sergelebreton.com>
Subject Compatibility breaks between pivot versions.
Date Fri, 29 Jan 2010 21:59:07 GMT
Hi to the team of pivot,

First of all, congratulations for this nice piece of software.
I like the Terra Look&Feel and the API design (static inner classes)
I'm coming from Swing and my notepad is full of questions I'd like to ask
but I start with a nontechnical one.

I've started a project with pivot 1.3. A few weeks later 1.4 was released.
1.4 broke my compilation and my runtime because of missing classes,
properties and styles keys etc...
Well, I don't mind -too much- compilation errors but the problem is runtime
errors with the WTKX serializer.
So before I start making an Ant task that grabs all my wtkx files and run
the serializer on them to look for errors -which I might do anyway- I'd
like to know:

Do you plan to continue breaking backward compatibility in future
releases? If so, anyway to have a 'breaking log' of some sort with a new release?

Cheers

/Serge.