pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Compatibility breaks between pivot versions.
Date Sat, 30 Jan 2010 01:12:25 GMT
> I completely agree with the "getting the API right" philosophy.
> Java didn't, but ends up with a cluttered API and a soooooo long javadoc full of deprecated
annotations.

That is exactly what we are trying to avoid.  :-)

> Anyway, I'm going to write my own <checkWTKX> Ant task and add it in my compile
target. I think it's a good idea. Just to be sure.

Feel free to submit this as a patch when you are done.  ;-)  I imagine that other developers
might find it valuable as well.

> BTW: anyone on your team working on a GUI/WTKX designer tool?

I know some effort was made to create a WTKX builder at one point, but I'm not sure of the
current status. It is currently a TODO item for Pivot 2.0.

Greg